"Am I therefore become your enemy,because I TELL YOU THE TRUTH...?"
(Galatians 4:16)

Christian Extremists Kill Muslim Aid Worker--NO,WAIT...!!!

I'm in an airport now, on my way to the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where I'm speaking tonight to resume my college tour that took me to Penn State and the Universities of Wisconsin in Madison and Milwaukee last week. One of the most common questions I get on college campuses involves moral equivalence-and really, students, if any of you are reading this, why not throw out the canned talking points (who is feeding them to you, anyway?) and ask some real questions? You have no idea how often I get asked the same thing. Anyway, one of you will probably ask me about "Christian extremists" tonight. My answer is summed up by stories like these. My tongue-in-cheek headline is meant to illustrate a serious point: we never see stories like this in reverse. Now, why is that?
"Taliban gunmen kill Christian aid worker in Kabul," by Amir Shah for Associated Press, October 20 (thanks to all who sent this in):
KABUL, Afghanistan – Taliban gunmen killed a Christian aid worker in Kabul as she was walking to work on Monday, and the militant group said it targeted the woman because she was spreading her religion.The dual South African-British national, who worked with handicapped Afghans, was shot to death by gunmen who drove by on a motorbike in western Kabul, said Interior Ministry spokesman Zemeri Bashary.The Taliban claimed responsibility.
"This woman came to Afghanistan to teach Christianity to the people of Afghanistan," militant spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid told The Associated Press. "Our (leaders) issued a decree to kill this woman. This morning our people killed her in Kabul."...
Islamic law, of course, forbids Christians to proselytize among Muslims. They should rather adopt a posture of "willing submission, and feel themselves subdued" (Qur'an 9:29).
Posted by Robert
As in the days of Noah....