"Am I therefore become your enemy,because I TELL YOU THE TRUTH...?"
(Galatians 4:16)

GIVING UP ALL FOR JESUS...!!!

"I met the old rug merchant on a trip I took to Pakistan a few years ago.
As we talked, I learned he had been a Christian for nearly two decades. But when I asked the man about his faith, he began to weep.He told me through tears that he hadn’t seen his family once since his conversion from Islam to Christianity 19 years before.It wasn’t that they had lost touch or had just decided not to talk to him. He said his family would kill him if they saw him!
I remember thinking then-as I often do nowthat Muslim-background believers go through unbelievable things in order to follow Christ. And I have to ask myself, what would my commitment to Jesus look like if following Him meant losing so much? Losing my job… my home… my family… perhaps even my life...."
I read this true story in a letter from Carl Moeller-President and CEO of Open Doors USA and I meditated on it for a while this morning.
It costs EVERYTHING to follow Him....!Byt the reward is priceless!!!
Sometimes I talk to people in counselling and they tell me that they are not very sure about this "giving it all up for Him"cause in their own words,as a friend of mine that is no longer walking with the Lord said to me a couple of months ago""God knows that I need some fun "..."I can't stand when people tell me:You have to pay the price....""Why do I have to?"
We are full of excuses -and good ones- of all kinds to avoid taking up our cross and walking daily with Him.
We think we can have,like my friend said:"The FUN(of the world,I may add"and Jesus.And Im sorry to say that when we decide for anything,we always live some choices out.
Most of us that have gotten saved,never thought about the cost before the decision.We found out a minute later that all hell had broken loose and we were no longer welcomed in our families,with our friends and acquaintances.We had turned to be an " enemy"
It's amazing how when we get the "Kingdom status" we automathically loose the"World status"It's like changing citizenships.If you get this one you loose your previous one.That's it.
I understand all the claims of people and friends that "WHY THE GIVING UP"?Why can't I have it both ways???Sometimes our flesh is kicking hard and we are dooped into believing that way.
Well certainly if that's the way you have chosen to live your christian life you will live a certainly mediocre spiritual life.You are not gonna be a 100% totally sold out for Jesus christian and on the other hand what kind of wordly person are you gonna be?
If you decided to be something be it 100%.I don't know about you but I don't like grey zones..Revelation says it so clearly!!!!:
"I know thy works,that thou art neither cold nor hot:I would thou wert cold or hot.
So then because thou are lukewarm,and neither cold nor hot,I will spue thee out of my mouth."
(Rev 3:15-16)
We cannot have it both ways.If we think that way we are deceiving ourselves.
There is a moment in our christian walk that we are confronted with a decision(the sooner the better)whether to live 100% for God or not.He doesn't push anybody to make the decision.He-in his infinite love- shows us both sides and the consecuences of our decisions.
Remember there are two roads only:a broad way that leads unto destruction and a "narrow way"....but the Lord left provision for us when we decided to walk the narrow way and think we cannot make it:
"And an highway shall be there,and a way,and it shall be called The way of holiness;the unclean shall not pass over it;but it shall be for those:the wayfaring men,THOUGH FOOLS,SHALL NOT ERR THERE IN"
(Isaiah 35:8)
If we truly want to please God and walk in His Narrow Way He will help us:
"For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand,saying unto thee,Fear not; I will help thee."
(Isaiah 41:13)
When we decide to follow Jesus sometimes we loose all that we had and we knew and was dear to us.Our life changes for ever in an instant...
Some other times the loss comes later when we decide to leave our land and home for the sake of the Gospel.
But I want to encourage you,whether you are considering Jesus right now or whether you a re considering answering to His wowings to go and preach the Gospel in some foreign land or do something He has told you to do,and you are still considering and wondering...I tell you...Go Ahead and say YES....!IT'S WORTH THE SACRIFICE!!!
We may loose much here,much that we love for His sake,on this side of heaven,but He promises a recompense in this life and the next.And you won't go one day without His help and provision wherever you are going to.And He will ever be with you till the end as He promised.
Don't DENY Him.Just OBEY Him and you will find your life.
"He that findeth his life shall loose it:and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it"
(Mathhew 10:39)
God Bless You
AS IN THE DAYS OF NOAH....