"Am I therefore become your enemy,because I TELL YOU THE TRUTH...?"
(Galatians 4:16)

Southern Baptist President Calling for a Genuine Holy Ghost Revival

For his President's Address at the annual Southern Baptist Convention (SBC), President Frank Page is calling for churches to experience a "Holy Ghost revival" to help mend the denomination."I believe we are at an irrecoverable moment in which the Lord wants to speak to our hearts," said Page during his speech. "He has immensely blessed us for a reason—not that we might become spiritually obese, but that we might be a magnificent body of Believers across this world to do a major mission work for Him. ...And I believe God wants us to experience a genuine Holy Ghost revival.""For 30 years," he continued, "we've been trying to raise baptism levels among non-revived churches among non-revived people who've lost their passion for the lost. But interestingly enough, we've become strangely passionate about our own agendas. Why am I not as deeply passionate about the lost? Satan wishes to steal our passion."According to a Church Daily report, Page reached out to the denomination to try to heal the factionalism within the denomination. He said, "I have seen a factionalism that deeply disturbs me, and I have asked Baptists across this land, 'Although we have...significant differences, would you take my hand and work with me in the winning of the lost to Jesus and the winning of this world to Christ? I believe the only hope to receive and achieve that victory is through a Holy Ghost, Holy Spirit revival from Him."
To read the rest of the report go to:
Church Report Daily
PS:I wonder-and please don't think I'm being mean here and ugly-but does Mr.Frank Page know what he is talking about?So far,last time I checked baptist "Don't believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost with the evidence of speaking in tongues"So-that said-I wonder.Does he believes now what the Scripture says,and does he really,really wants it?or he is just trying to revive something within the "denomination"with "nothing"?
The main goal of a Holy GHost Revival is to win the lost.As a consecuence the church and community will reap the blessings of it:yes,many will be genuinely revived and differences will be healed,"within the denomination".But the primary goal is the souls that are lost.Mr Page says that the Lord wants to speak to their hearts.Of course the Lord wants to speak,but :"are they gonna hear and believe the scripture?"I truly pray for my baptist brethren that they will finally "yield " to the Holy Ghost personally and as a denomination and they will see happen the things they don't imagine and are praying for(Acts 2)
As in the days of Noah...